Let’s get down to brass tacks. I’m a grumpy person and I have a lot of pet peeves. Also, I’m having a birthday today (!!!) and I don’t have time to enumerate all the things that piss me off. Instead, I think I shall give you a list of the more important things. So, get ready.
My pet peeves include but are not limited to:
- When someone makes it harder for food service people to do their job
- People who keep talking long after you’ve stopped listening
- Doing something over to correct someone else’s mistake
- People who talk in movie theaters
- Long fingernails and the scratching sounds they make on fabric and flesh
- When people ask me what I’m thinking
- Feeling rushed
- Making small talk with people who are combative in their small talk
- People who cut in line
- People who turn the heater/air conditioner on way too soon
- People who complain about it being cold when it’s most definitely hot
- When people ask me about the food I’m eating and try to goad me into eating something else
- Mixed drinks with more than two ingredients
Honestly, I could go on forever. But I won’t, because it’s my birthday.
Chris and I aren’t exactly the vacationing type. Sure, we went to Hawaii, but that was largely because his work sent him on that trip. And we went to the Great American Beer Festival in Denver the same year, but that was more to satisfy our alcoholic tendencies than to take some time off.
Since then, we’ve taken little trips here and there, mainly to Tulsa and Dallas. Needless to say these aren’t our dream vacation destinations.
So, where do we want to go?
Honestly, I don’t know. We don’t talk about going on vacations that often. We’ve kind of been in money saving/pay off debt mode for the past year or so. And before that we were kind of in the blow all of our dollars on piddly little things so there’s not enough money to even think about an actual vacation mode.
But now, I think it’s time for us to plan. Neither of us have ever been out of the country, and we both really want to see Europe. I think we need to plan a trip to Spain, if I’m being honest.
Why is Spain our dream vacation? Here’s why:
- Spain is the number 1 producer of olives. WE LOVE OLIVES.
- El Paseo del Prado
- Galicia has a large amount of redheads. Chris is a redhead! And we could go there just to see Santiago de Compostela.
- Mozarabic architecture
- Running of the Bulls–neither of us would participate, but it would be cool to see.
- Sagrada Familia (is it bad that I think this church looks like the home of a Disney villain?)
- The Great Mosque of Cordoba
- Ibiza, because we like to party like rich folks.
- Food. All the foods.
For me, I think Spain would be the most interesting place in Europe to visit simply because it’s home to so many diverse cultures and has been influenced by so many cultures historically. My dream vacation would be a vacation where we went to Spain and experienced all it had to offer for a few months. Though I imagine if we went there, we wouldn’t want to come home.